Friday, April 24, 2015

Children's Ministries On The Rise

It has been a very successful and productive week! I put together four new children's ministries for Church of Glory-Warsaw, and worked with the best team. We will have a new baby room/nursing mother's room for 0-1 year olds. The toddlers ministry is called, "Explorers," and is for children ages 2-4. On Friday nights we have a group called "Club Adventure." All the pictures I have posted are of this ministry. On Sundays, we will have "Kids in Action," and it will be the Polish version of Firehouse. We wanted a service for children where they could get revival training. We spent all week purchasing supplies for all the ministries, contacting people, running around Warsaw, typing up documentation, using Facebook to send messages, translating like crazy, cleaning, organizing, eating Thai food, staying up to 2am, and had the most fun ever doing all these things.
Tonight my friend Natalia T. was my translator, and she did an awesome job helping me. She was with me all day running around, and decorating our room. We were determined to have everything ready to go before the kids got there. We had a great group of volunteers helping throughout the day, shopping for me, grabbing me Kabab for lunch, and bending over backwards for these kids. When the kids got in the room they were so excited! Everything was brand new, and full of life. We ended the night by singing (in Polish) 'The Cha Cha Song!' The kids loved it, and I felt I was back in Firehouse all over again. I would give this week a 10 out of 10, and say that Club Adventure was a hit!
In Club Adventure, the kids are all going on an adventure with God through the bible. We're starting in Genesis, and working our way to Exodus. We have a map that we're following, and it will take us all the way to the story of Joseph. When the kids have a craft, we made a Passport for them. They yelled with delight  when their passports got stamped. It was such an easy idea, and it made a big impact on these kids. Going over the top for these kids paid off, and I know they can't wait until next Friday.
I have no clue in the world how I was able to get this huge project completed in a week, but I think I just experienced the grace of God first hand. The grace of God is not hanging on by your fingernails, like that ridiculous picture of the cat hanging on a rope with it's claws. It is running as hard as you can for God, and him backing you up with unlimited power. It is his favor opening up the way for you, and providing things beyond your ability. God provided everything I needed, despite the fact that I'm not fluent yet in Polish. When I mean everything, I mean everything! I am blown away at what happened this week, and what happened in the room with the kids. This is only just the beginning, and I'm excited to see the fruit that begins to come forth from these kids.

Special thanks to the Firehouse group at World Revival Church for your prayers!!! They were felt in Warsaw Poland today! You are touching the nations kids! Thanks to Teresa "the adventurer", Teresa "the office mom," Gabby, Natalia T., Maggie "The magnificent of Tarnov," PaweÅ‚, Damian, and all the other people volunteered this week. 




2 comments:

  1. Mary! This is awesome news indeed! I LOVE to hear about how Gd is touching children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The grace of God is not hanging on by your fingernails, like that ridiculous picture of the cat hanging on a rope with it's claws. It is running as hard as you can for God, and him backing you up with unlimited power." I love it! Keep running, Ms. Mary - we are backing you up, too! <3

    ReplyDelete