Thursday, April 2, 2015

D&T (Update On The New Children's Ministry)

Working with Patrycja's sister on the expectations poster

It has been a great week, and I've gotten a lot done in a little bit of time. I spent this week training my friend 'Sgt. Iza' to lead the new kids ministry "D&T" or kids in training. We bought new supplies for the children's ministry, and put a lot of time into planning the layout of the service. I wrote several marches that declare who God says the kids are, and even had one from the I&T ministry (at WRC) translated into Polish.  We went with a military theme, and everything is about raising these kids up to be soldiers for God. The teachers are sergeants, and the kids are the soldiers. They have mission marches, and it gives them a chance to move around. Plus, they’re declaring God’s Word over their lives. We have an action phrase, and it is the phrase of the night that points them to their mission. For example, their action phrase tonight was, “be strong in the LORD, and in His mighty power.” Every time they hear “action phrase,” they’re to stand up, and say the phrase! They had a short teaching from the Word of God, and they learned about the armor of God. Part of the training they receive is in prayer. They will have weekly prayer targets that go along with the theme of the night. Tonight they prayed about each piece of the armor of God, and it was powerful. To end the night, they are being trained in worship. We're training these kids how to have faith, believe, and pray with authority. If COG-Cieszyn sticks with D&T and Light Kids, they will have powerful generations in God.

For our first service, D&T turned out to be a great success. All that hard work over the past few weeks paid off, and the kids did amazing! The kids came into D&T and were ready for some action! We went over what we expect, did the marches, checked their energy for God, taught about the armor of God, and they learned how to pray together as a group. Plus, you could sense God's presence in the room! These kids had so much fun praying and declaring; the room was just filled with joy. On a personal note, it felt so good to be back in a children's ministry, and it was incredible to see how quickly these kids grabbed hold of what we taught them. These are not the same kids that I met back in August, and I can tell that they have been getting great teaching in Light Kids. My hat goes off to Patrycja and our friend Natalia T. Those two ladies have done a fantastic job ministering to the children, and you can see the fruit. Patrycja and her team of children's workers are making a huge difference in the lives the children, and years from now we shall see generations of Poles moving in the Power of God. 

Ok, Ok, why am I going on and on about this kids ministry? As I'm getting to know more about the charismatic move in Poland, I see there is a huge need for ministries like this. First of all, most of Poland is Catholic, and a small percentage is Protestant. An even smaller number are the Pentecostals, and Charismatics. Many people who find the real Jesus, want to leave their Polish-Catholic background, face persecution. To a Polish-Catholic, a person who leaves Catholicism to attend a church that is going after God, that person is joining a 'sect.' A lot of the people I meet in charismatic churches in Poland are first generation or second generation Christians. They have not had the freedom or resources that many places in the world have had. People like Pastor Marcin, Pastor Ula, and Pastor Janusz are trailblazers in this country. A lot of people that are attending bible believing, spirit-filled churches in Poland are pioneers, and went through difficult times in their families to achieve what they have now. So to have a ministry like D&T, a ministry that trains and equips children in the power of God is ground breaking. 

 This is my last week at COG-Ciesyzn, and then I'll be heading up to Warsaw next week. It is so incredible to see what God has done, and the change that is occurring in peoples lives. I am so grateful to those who have taken care of me, and looked after me while I was here. I'm thankful for my Pastors in Kansas City, MO for sending me, and for my WRC family that supports me. I am thankful for Maria and Becky who watch over my home, and for those who faithfully pray for this endeavor. As I head up to Warsaw, hope explodes in my heart; a confident expectation of something good. God has done a good work in the people of Cieszyn, and I know he has even greater things in store for those in Warsaw.

****Special thanks to Pastors Slawek i Gosia, Patrycja, and Iza M.)****





No comments:

Post a Comment