Friday, April 10, 2015

Warsaw! The Next Leg of the Journey

https://igcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t51.2885-15/11079023_1441395109487212_253323959_n.jpg
Palace of Culture. Warsaw, Poland.

I made it safely to Warsaw this week, and am getting settled in. I got a transportation card yesterday, and that means I can ride all the Warsaw modes of transit for a month. This includes the streetcars, trams, trains, and buses. It's an adjustment for me as an American to get used to not having a car, but this is the European life. Everyone uses public transportation, and walks. Warsaw has great public transportation, and it is very safe!  I love riding the streetcars in Warsaw, and getting used to my new surroundings. If you like the big the city, you'll love Warsaw. It has just about everything, and is very clean. In a way it sort of reminds me of Paris, and before the war was considered to be one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Today it rises from the rubble and ash of the past conflicts, a mighty and strong city.

This past Sunday I celebrated my first Polish Easter, and it was great! I spent it with Patrycja's family, and ate amazing food. We finished off the feast with a lot of chocolate, and talked into the afternoon. It actually felt more like Christmas, because it snowed throughout the day. My joke was that I wanted to go outside and build a snow bunny. Our last service together at Church of Glory-Ciesyzn was incredible, and God moved very powerfully. We did Dustin Smith's song, "He's Alive," in Polish, and it was a hit. It was the perfect song for the morning, and another tool for their worship team. I'm so grateful for the people in Ciesyzn, and miss them already.

I had some great opportunities to meet with Pastors Ula and Marcin. They are an amazing couple, and have done everything possible to make my stay in Warsaw a comfortable one. I'm staying in a very nice home, in the outskirts of the main city. There's a bus station not too far away from the house, and I'll be using it quite a bit to get to the church. I'm so excited at the things I get to do at the Church of Glory-Warsaw church. After meeting with Pastor Marcin I found out that I'll have lots to do. I'll be working with children and youth, the worship team, and doing some ministry trips. I'll also be speaking at the school of ministry, and am waiting for more details concerning this. Twice a month the youth will have a meeting, and I'll get the opportunity to minister in those meetings. Plus, anything else the church has need of, I'll be available.

I believe this next leg of the journey is going to bring about some personal growth for me, as well as some changes. I'm eager to learn from these pioneers, and glean what I can. The best people who know how to reach Poles...are Poles. They know the context of their culture, and the keys to open hearts. I need every 'key' and every bit of favor I can get my hands on. This is for the sake of the Kingdom of God, and for the sake of these people. I believe that God wants to bring them a much needed upgrade, and put some pieces in place for them. They are very loyal to Steve and Kathy, and World Revival Church. They share stories with deep affection, and are so appreciative that someone from that church is here. They are very much like World Revival Church, because they are a Kingdom of God church. Different culture, different location, but same attitude.

Thank you again to those of you who pray for this God adventure, and for the people of Poland. I want to encourage those of you who read this blog, but don't receive my monthly prayer email to sign up for it. I never ask for anything financial, and have lots of good testimonies concerning answered prayer. Each month I send prayer requests that are specific, and things that the people in Poland actually need. Prayer has been the tool that has opened the heavens, broke through the opposition, and brought lasting change in the lives of Polish people. Please consider signing up, and being a part of what God is doing here, and join with me on this God adventure. Again, many thanks for the prayers and answers we have received. The church in Ciesyzn is not the same, and God shows up in powerful ways. Please continue to lift them up, and lift up the leadership.

Also, if anyone has any testimonies of something you prayed for, and it was reported in the newsletter, please let me know! I would love to not only share that with my friends here, but in the blogs. I love answered prayer, and sharing testimonies of the good things God is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment